FILE 8A READING KEY
c. Clive thinks that the best way to complain is to write a polite letter.
1. The smell of biscuits: he got some free packs of biscuits.
2. A friend's faulty car: he got a Volkswagen Golf GTI (for his friend).
3. His wife's fall during a holiday: he got 2,000 pounds (the cost of the holiday).
4. Some old strawberries: his daughters were invited to Heathrow Airport to inspect British Airways'catering facilities.
d.1. Don't lose your temper. 4. Threaten action.
2. Write a letter. 5. Don't be too specific.
3. Know who you are writing to. 6. Use flattery.